US =====> PC

Poststuck :: Homestuck :: RPG :: =====>

Go down

US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:40 pm

>Minerva: Be astonished by every ridiculously small thing.
You clicked server and then it just- WOW! A single tear falls down your cheek as your face is assaulted by what can only be described as pure beauty. And then you see boxes. A myriad of boxes and a particular individual just somewhat standing there with tired eyes and and wearing some noir shorts. Just. Shorts. WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?! Does he not know he is in the presence of a lady?! How little shame can this particular individual have?! He must be one of those hooligans of the streets that assaults gentle ladies-to-be for their coins and toiletries! You are assured that if you were to actually ATTEMPT to communicate with this individual he would solicit some form of sexual happening. How horrid! How uncivilized! How-how.... brooding....

>Minerva: Fan yourself before you swoon.
You thank Providence you are already sitting down.

>Minerva: Who's this ruffian?!
Good question.

>Minerva: Be the ruffian.
You suppose...


Last edited by unhingedSurgeon on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stylistic choices.)
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:50 pm

>Gabriel: Look blankly at screen.

You can't help but feel a bit gypped. Once the loading ended it just returned to the desktop as if nothing happened. Might just have crashed, you'll try again. Got to get in contact with Minerva.

>Gabriel: Pester Minerva

Show Pesterlog:
-- propitiousCourier [PC] began pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] --
PC: Did the game start up for you?
US: Yes, I am afraid so.
PC: Oh man! how is it?
US: Well, there is this whole arrangement of icons at the top of the screen that somewhat remind me of the controls for one of my Sims games. But the true spectacle is what is below said icons.
PC: What's up?
US: Just like in the Sims there is a room of sorts. A very bare room if I may say so myself.
US: And there is this individual who I will assume is my character just sitting there at his computer apparently speaking with someone as he speak. I keep clicking him but nothing happens.
US: Oh and it is just horrible!
US: He is just sitting there with a nanchalant face whilst wearing no shirt!!
US: Please, do try to contain your surprise as I did.
US: But this particular individual is not only shirtless, but wearing a pair of shorts on top of it all. While I must admit that he looks otherwise charming and brooding, that is just no way to greet a lady!!!
US: I didn't make him like this!!!
US: Did I break the game Gabriel?
PC: Tell me one thing, does the individual in question have his hair slicked back.
US: Yes, in a most stylish manner as well
PC: I see, and is he typing and now waiting for a response?
US: Yes. erm... how do you know all of this?
PC: Just lucky guesses. Anyway tell me what options you got on your end.
US: Erm, well, apart from adjusting at what angle I can view the screen it seems that I can SELECT, REVISE, DEPLOY, check a supposed PHERNALIA REGISTRY, acces a so-called GRIST CACHE, EXPLORE the ATHENEUM, and explore an ALCHEMY EXCURSUS.
US: I have not the faintest idea what any of that entails to be most frank with you. :/
PC: I think we'll need to consult the guide on this one.
US: A most wise decision.

Gabriel: Read GameFAQ
You read through the introdution of the FAQ as quickly as possible and you reach the section on the basics.
Show Pesterlog:
PC: Oh man, this is so prose-y.
US: I quite care for the writing style if not dislike it somewhat for its tone.
US: The vast vernacular of it all reminds me of many a book I've perused.
US: This section about the basics: how useful it is!
PC: Well that explains why there is nothing on my screen.
US: You are the client, correct?
PC: That's right.
US: Making me the server...
PC: You can do it.
US: Oh my... ///_///
PC: Hehehe.
US: Gabriel, I don't wish to alarm you
US: But I've seen you naked.
PC: Well. no time to think about that now. seems we are on a crunch for time.
US: I am so sorry for my gross indecensies.
US: Also, can you do me a rather large favour and disregard most of what I said before?
PC: Hehehe.
PC: Sure. no problem, consider it forgotten.
US: :9 I will have to take your word for it
US: Augh!
US: I meant : (
US: My finger slipped!!!
US: : ( : ( : (
US: So, ahem, aaaanywho...
US: I suppose I should deploy these mechanics no?
PC: Hehehe. sounds good. let's get this show on the road.
-- propitiousCourier [PC] ceased pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] --

>Gabriel: Get up and put on a shirt.
Don't want poor ol' Minnie to fall over from a case of the vapors now would you, especially after the revelation that things are about to get pretty intense.


Last edited by propitiousCourier on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:36 am

>Minerva: Control yourself.
Well that went swimmingly didn't it? Completely did not just insinuate that a friend of yours was a ruffian and a subject of admiration at the same time, did you?

>Minerva: Sniff smelling salts like there's no tomorrow
Kilometers ahead of you. There is work to be done.

>Minerva: Browse controls while PC is off getting clothed.
Thank goodness... you suppose. BAH! Machines. Deployment. Now!!!! You decide that you are going to deploy the CRUXTRUDER in a nice nook in Gabriel's room where it most obviously does not fit. Curses, the situation is getting in an ever tightening pinch.

>Minerva: Survey PC's surroundings.
You look around and see a deck outside. Prime location for CRUXTRUDER placement if you may say so yourself. You have close to no idea how you have any knowledge on the topic.


Last edited by unhingedSurgeon on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:01 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Stylistic choices.)
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:10 am

>Gabriel: Check outside.

When you get outside you see the CRUXTRUDER all nice and shiny. So cool! You walk on up to it and look at the timer counting down, about eleven minutes. Neat. There's also a wheel on it that is primed for turning.

>Gabriel: Turn wheel on Cruxtruder.

It seems it will take a bit of effort but you are sure you can turn this puppy. After a lot of effort the lid comes off of the Cruxtruder and the machine begins to shake violently and lets loose a bright light. And after all is said and done, a glowing orb hangs above the machine giving off a dark beige light.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 pm

>Gabriel: Tell the orb you come in peace.

You approach the orb as peacefully as possible. The only response you get from it is it starts floating around you before settling on staying behind you as you move.

Gabriel: Turn wheel again.

Might as well retrieve your "key" while you're at it. You then start turning that wheel to produce a crystal cylinder that bears the same color as the floating orb. You put it in your satchel and go back to your room, the orb in tow. and continue reading the FAQ while waiting for Min to put down the rest of the pieces.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 am

Get pestered by Raph.

Show Pesterlog:
DN: Hey man
DN: What do I do now?
DN: I have the game installed and everything
PC: You at your mom's comp?
DN: yessir
PC: Neat. and what's with the sudden unanimosity?
DN: You mean my lack of douchyness?
DN: I was messing around with yarn
DN: Shit calms me down
PC: That's interesting. anyway in the middle of reading a gamefaq and waiting on min. so pardon if i'm not quick on my updates
DN: No problem man. Just let me know
PC: Seems felicia is on, why not see whats up
DN: I guess
PC: Wait a second i'm gonna send you the gamefaq so you're ready for the game.
DN: OK. So is there a specific order?
DN: Like who plays first or some shit?
PC: Well i'm already playing dude, so i guess if there was gonna be an order it starts with me and min
DN: Ok
DN: You didn't give Fel the game yet?
PC: Oh.
PC: Never did send her a code. did i?
DN: Dude
DN: I don't even know
DN: I doubt it
DN: Nope
DN: Just got a reply
DN: Fuck man you're slackin
PC: Well, she hasn't been on in the longest time.
PC: Wait a second i have the codes lying here.

>Give Felicia that beta key.
Show Pesterlog:
-- propitiousCourier [PC] began pestering detestableIntellectual [DI] --
PC: 26EE9FD6D17A24AFFC6C319D2F83E
DI: What?
PC: Go download the game now.
DI: Fine
-- propitiousCourier [PC] ceased pestering detestableIntellectual [DI] --

=====>

Show Pesterlog:
DN: You sending em to her?
PC: Done.
DN: Ok.
DN: So now what?
PC: For me? just waiting, for you? try connecting to somebody else. think we will be good as long as we make sure everyone is a client and a server.
DN: Ok
DN: So who's taken so far?
DN: You I assume are a client
DN: Which would make min the server
DN: anyone else?
PC: Not that i know of.
DN: Well damn
DN: Do I wait for Fel or just connect with minnie
PC: Yeah. don't think she needs the stress of you being her server so yeah. anyone else.
DN: Fel I think
DN: Since I cannot fucking stand that schizo
PC: I feel you.
DN: Alright man
DN: I think I'm gonna go do some more yarn. Fel pisses me off
PC: Okay, later.
DN: Later
-- depravedNetworker [DN] ceased pestering propitiousCourier [PC] --
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:31 pm

>Minerva: Stall for time.
Well, it appears that Gabriel has received heed of the newest addition to his almost bare abode. While he fiddles around with it, you decide to give him his personal space. It also goes without saying that there is some form of... tension between the two of you at the moment. Or perhaps you are just over-thinking matters as usual. It is probably just a most inopportune way of viewing the current situation.

==>
While Gabriel fiddles around with the metal cylinder you set down you browse through the other modern contraptions you plan to set down. They all seem fairly complex and beyond your scope of understanding. You will question Gabriel about where to place them later when the time is most convenient.

>Minerva: Confess feelings to PC.
Now why in Providence's good green Earth would you do that?! Has it not come to your attention that it is most uncouth for a woman to approach a gentleman with intent of courtship? Erm, well, that is ASSUMING that both parties have intention of courtship. Not that they do. Not that you do.

>Minerva: Plead the fifth.
You take a vow of silence on the matter for the time being. But wait, it seems that Gabriel has unleashed some sort of light.

==>
You zoom in on Gabriel and his exploits in turning wheels. Great Scott! It seems that the contraption expelled a glowing orb of elemental instability! You have only heard of such apparitions before and they are just as horrid as you imagined! The souls of the damned manifesting themselves on Earth!!! You leave the matter be though since you do not want to frighten Gabriel and his new found cylinder which just came out of nowhere??? Matters are odd in this session...
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:33 pm

>Minerva: Get pestered by SN
Just as you gaze in horror, you get a most unexpected message from SN.
show pesterlog:
-- skylarkNoise [SN] began pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] at 23:40 --
[11:40] SN: hey
[11:40] SN: i know this may come off as weird
[11:40] SN: but
[11:41] SN: have you noticed anything about the way DI acts towards you? like, anything strange? out of the ordinary?
[11:41] US: Not particularly, no. In all honesty it has been nearly a fortnight since I have heard from her
[11:42] US: But why bring this up all of a sudden?
[11:43] SN: well... this may come off as odd
[11:43] SN: and don't really think anything of it
[11:44] SN: but she might kiss you in the near future
[11:44] US: O_O A million sincerest pardons?
[11:44] SN: exactly what it says on the tin
[11:44] SN: kinda
[11:44] SN: just a heads up
[11:45] SN: don't freak out
[11:45] SN: stay calm
[11:45] SN: and tell me how it was later
[11:45] US: I- em- er... how?
[11:45] SN: for prosparity's sake
[11:45] US: Why?
[11:45] SN: no reason
[11:45] SN: just
[11:45] SN: let me know when it happens
[11:45] US: Where did this all come from???
[11:45] SN: talk to you later
[11:45] SN: no time to explain
[11:45] US: Please, what is happening?!
[11:46] SN: just stay calm! you'll need the hysteria for later!
[11:46] SN: see you!
-- skylarkNoise [SN] ceased pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] at 23:46 --
[11:46] US: DI is a friend and I have never even entertained the notion of her and I having romanti-
[11:46] US: DON'T JUST LEAVE NOW!!!!!

>Minerva: Get pestered by DI
Oh, her.
show pesterlog:
-- detestableIntellectual [DI] began pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] at 22:40 --
DI: Did that weird guy hit on you yet?
US: Oh hello there Felicia.
US: Heh. Heh. No nothing odd or out of the ordinary or particularly romantic happening here.
US: Who would have you believe such a thing?
DI: Right, well there was this guy asking me about you, 'cause he or she likes you
DI: One of those weird guys
US: Oh my, that is very abrasive of that particular person...
DI: Isn't it just?
DI: That's what I was telling them
US: Tell me Felicia dear, have you heard this rabble about the new interactive game that we are supposedly to be a part of?
DI: Well, it's really boring, so far all I've done is smashed a bed
DI: I really don't understand the appeal of these things
US: I have only began to become acquainted with it myself.
US: I am currently aiding Gabriel in his endeavours with the game.
DI: Kinky
US: I.
US: Eh.
US: Hush you!
US: By the by Felicia...
US: Would it be to much of a bother if I asked you something?
DI: Maybe
DI: Depends on the question
US: Then may I be brash as to inquire as to whether you have spoken with Elliot as of late?
DI: Yeah, I spoke to the Noise
US: Oh.
DI: He told me to talk to the Tempest, which I just finished doing
US: I see.
US: Forgive me for pushing the matter further than is proper for me, but did you tell Elliot anything... sensitive?
DI: So, is that it?
DI: No, I didn't
DI: Not that I know of
DI: Depends on your definition of sensitive
US: Erm, well, did he provide any particularly sensitive information to you?
DI: Not that I can remember
US: How odd...
US: Thank you Felicia.
DI: He was pretty obsessed about this game
DI: No problem
US: Well, I have to go and further facillitate Gabriel's entrance into this game.
US: But before I go, Felicia, a word.
US: We are good friends, right?
US: Just, good friends?
DI: Um. I guess, I wouldn't use those exact words, but one could say that.
US: O_O
US: Dear Providence.
DI: I would just say friends
DI: The good adjective is implied
US: Ah, yes!!
DI: I would think
US: But of course.
US: How silly of me...
US: Well, until later mademoiselle.
DI: Ciao
-- unhingedSurgeon [US] ceased pestering detestableIntellectual [DI] at 22:55 --

>Minerva: Get pestered by BT
Three chums? How uncanny....
show pesterlog:
[11:51] -- bindingTempest [BT] began pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] at 23:51 --
[11:51] BT: >-=-=-<Minerva-=-you there?-=-=-<
[11:52] US: Oh well, hello there BT!!
[11:52] BT: >-=-=-<Look-=-let's not bother with any formalities>-=-=-<
[11:52] BT: >-=-=-<Listen to me-=-and do as i said>-=-=-<
[11:52] BT: >-=-=-<I don't know the details>-=-=-<
[11:52] US: Erm, I suppose that is negotiable...
[11:52] BT: >-=-=-<but you cant afford to waste time>-=-=-<
[11:53] BT: >-=-=-<just fuck around with the game-=-figure out what you have to do>-=-=-<
[11:53] US: I don't believe that I am wasting time is the problem
[11:53] BT: >-=-=-<dont get distracted by any convo>-=-=-<
[11:53] BT: >-=-=-<good-=-good>-=-=-<
[11:53] BT: >-=-=-<keep it that way-=-=-<
[11:53] US: And there is no need for such coarse language in me sir!
[11:54] US: *with, not in
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<i know-=-i know>-=-=-<
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<just please-=-=-<
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<both of you>-=-=-<
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<be careful>-=-=-<
[11:54] US: Well thank you for your concern BT
[11:54] US: Very ever-vigilant of you ^_^
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<yeah>-=-=-<
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<he>-=-=-<
[11:54] BT: >-=-=-<he-=-=-<
[11:55] BT: >-=-=-<please be careful>-=-=-<
[11:55] -- bindingTempest [BT] ceased pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] at 23:55 --
[11:55] US: By the by BT, I do believe that I have never asked your name.
[11:55] US: Oh drats!
[11:55] BT: >-=-=-<name-=-Demetri>-=-=-<
[11:55] US: Fair enough... Demetri
[11:55] US: teehee..
[11:55] -- unhingedSurgeon [US] ceased pestering bindingTempest [BT] at 23:55 --


Last edited by unhingedSurgeon on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 am

>Pester Min
Show Pesterlog:
-- propituousCourier [PC] began pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] --
PC: Any updates on your end? and if it's not too much bother can you put the other machines down, i'd rather not risk dying.
US: Well, curiously enough I was just on the verge of asking you where I should be placing the other contraptions
US: Things have been becoming much too uncanny on my end I'm afraid
US: I would like to focus once more on thask presented beforehand
PC: Okay, there should be room in the living room for one of the contraptions figuring they're the same size as the cruxtruder.
US: I believe thy are
PC: And another in my recently vacated room.
US: What is it that you are trying to insinuate with "recently vacated room"?
PC: Oh, did i never tell you? i moved into my garage recently for college. that's all there is to it.
US: Oh, well, fair enough. I suppose that does explain why the room is so bare and dark. :/
US: I think I will go and do that then.
US: Just a quick question though
PC: Shoot.
US: Is it true that we are on a time limit?
PC: I'd hope not but there is a little bit of dread hanging in the air right now.
PC: Going to the room now.
-- propituousCourier [PC] ceased pestering unhingedSurgeon [US] --

>Go to old room.
You cut through the living room as quick as possible and get to your old room. There's a bit of stuff still in here, it's showing signs of your STEP-DAD'S influence, with their being hunting trophy's on the wall, though you are sure the man has not hunted a day in his life. A huge STAG HEAD hangs just above eye level to you. So weird.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:46 am

>Prototype Stag Head

With the clock ticking, and all the stuff left to do, there isn't too much time to plan on what you're going to do with that kernelsprite so you'll just improvise, you dismount the surprisingly hefty deer's head and approach the floating orb, it seems to be staying put. You drop the head onto it and with a flash of light the previous symbol has disappeared leaving behind a ghostly version of the deer head. You may not want to risk putting something else in there just yet, so all that's left is waiting on Min to put down the rest of the machines. If you're counting right you have little less then five minutes before stuff hits the fan.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 am

>Minerva: Place the two other machines.
Yes, after wasting astronomical amounts of time and stalling for what felt like about a week of a lack of creativity, you place the first machine (the totem lathe) in the living room and the second (the alchemiter) in the recently vacated-

>Minerva: Notice something you hadn't noticed before.
As you place the alchemiter you notice something quite unsettling along the walls of the VACANT ROOM. It's just... there. Gabriel is in the room along with the Demon Orb and he doesn't seem to notice it.

>Minerva: Tell Gabriel about it.
You think you should. This seems like an importa-

>Minerva: You're on a schedule dammit!!!
That's right. You don't have time to bother Gabriel with such trivialities at the moment. He has important matters to tend to. While you're at it you drop the pre-punched card next to him. You kind of just space out looking at Gabriel pick up a deer head when HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS THAT?!

======>
Lights... and, and.... what IS that thing?!

>Minerva: The ghostpocalypse is upon us!
Dear Providence it is like something from the works of Elizabeth Gaskell! It is like a spirit that has given light to the bastardized child of a deer! By Providence what an abomination!!!!

>Minerva: Wonder why there's a floating Deer Head
Well you know that it is his tier one prototyped kernelsprite. You DID read the FAQ that Gabriel sent you. Please. It is still unnerving though. But no time. You must smile on and calm thineself.
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 am

>Gabriel: Captchalogue pre-punched card.

You do that promptly, this is your ticket to safety after all. Seeing as the machine here isn't going to use the card you'll have to marvel at it later, with that you make your way back to the living room to use the "Totem Lathe".

>Gabriel: Use Totem Lathe

Well it seems that there is a slot for captchalogue cards in the side so you put that pre-punched card in there all of a sudden a set of chisels seem to pop out of the top of the machine, you figure that you have to place the totem on those clamps and work can be done on it. So you fasten the CRUXITE DOWEL in place and the machine gets to work on it's own and you get a neatly carved totem, it kind of resembles a vase but that doesn't really matter. with that you go back to the room.

>Gabriel: Use Alchemiter

You place that totem on the small pedestal located next to the large platform looking device and a small robotic arm seems to be scanning the totem, then with a quick flash of light (the same beige as everything else.) A large block of what seems to be lumber props itself upright having the shape of a grandfather clock. Well what in blue blazes are you going to do with that? Two minutes left and counting.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 am

>Gabriel: Get pestered by Eli

Show Pesterlog:
-- skylarkNoise [SN] began pestering propitiousCourier [PC] --
SN: he gabriel, you there?
SN: *hey
SN: well, strange question but... is there a deer ghost next to you?
PC: Yeah dude, it's pretty creepy.
PC: Wait.
PC: How'd you know that?
PC: Did minnie tell you?
SN: no, in fact, i think i creeped her out a little
SN: but, let me tell you this
SN: i had a dream where i saw a whole bunch of stuff in the clouds that hovered over a city of gold
PC: Sounds pretty intense. kind of like my imminent destruction.
SN: ???
SN: that sounds bad
SN: i'll leave you to your devices then
PC: Thanks, one thing before you go.
PC: If you had a big clock in front of you, what would you do?
SN: admire it's large-ness and tell the time
PC: Alrighty then. talk to you later, hopefully.
-- propitiousCourier [PC] ceased pestering skylarkNoise [SN] --

>Gabriel: Admire the clock's large-ness and tell the time

The clock does indeed look well crafted, it seems like it was carved out of the same piece of crystal, and since it is crystalline it's time telling capabilities are nil. The clock face does have a time on it, right before the countdown is finished. This situation is making you kind of hot under the collar, figuratively and literally. What's with this heat? You think it'd be wise to check on what's going on. But this clock is important so it's coming along, you muster up all your MANGRIT and start pushing that sucker out the door. It's moving at a good half an inch a second, you get it just a bit into the living room before giving up on this. You look out the sliding glass doors and see a...HOLY CRUD A METEOR! Is this how you're gonna go? This sucks. Suddenly, a wooden crate comes crashing through the living room at little below mach one. The sliding glass door has been trashed.

>Gabriel: Observe crate.
Seems someone you know (i.e your father) has sent something through his MESSENGER fetch modus. It seems familiar in a way but you can't place a finger on it right now, it does have a note on top of it. Might as well give this a quick scan with the little time you got left.

=====>

The note says that there is a couple of family heirlooms and a few other things in the crate . But what really strikes at you is one of the last lines, cheesy in it's writing but no less painful "If you're getting this note, then I am already dead..." You cannot keep reading it's too painful to think about, the tears mask an insidious rage, and that clock seems ripe to take it out on. You pull out your OAK TRUNCHEON and start clubbing like you've never clubbed before, the branch is totally thrashed. It failed to make any sort of mark as well. The deer orb floats there, it's intently watching your little breakdown, it seems to be judging you or are you just thinking that. Thirty seconds. If you die what happens after? What's going to befall your friends? No, it's time to stop being all doom and gloom right now. Fifteen seconds, the meteor is about to land. There's no time to feel sorry for yourself. Right now you'll smile and beat this challenge. Five seconds left.

>Gabriel:Make more time.
You turn and push the hands of the clock, They move without any sort of resistance, that's surprising. There! All the time in the world now. You chuckle a bit too yourself. All at once a blinding light is shining from the clock and begins enveloping your home. But not before another package flies through the door and clocks you in the face. Lights out.
avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by propitiousCourier on Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(That be a link up there)

>Gabriel: Wake up, again.

You get up and pain hits you like a crate to the face, there seems to be a deep cut in on the bridge of your nose. It hurts a lot but you're just happy that you or your house didn't get horribly destroyed by a meteor. You take a look outside and just past your front porch you see what seems to be a bunch of leaves, now if you didn't know any better you'd say your house was on a tree, but that would be...no your house is probably on a tree. There's a thick, black smoke hanging in the air blotting out the sky giving a sort of screen from the sunlight. The floating orb seems to be shaking vigorously next to you and after a while the orb seems to separate itself into three pieces, one of the pieces flies outside than goes upward while another piece goes past the edge of the tree and races downward. What stays behind begins to glow and change shape before it finally has a new form, that of a giant spectral deer. This thing is frightening.

avatar
propitiousCourier
Broministrator

Posts : 65
Join date : 2012-06-24

Character sheet
Name: Gabriel Einstein
Location:
Age: 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:18 pm

>Minerva: Do the proper Victorian thing.
You consider whether you should give your input at all at what's happening on Gabriel's end. You tentatively consider pestering him but you decide against it. You'd probably just be in the way. So you decide to do as your fellow ladies of the glory days within the reign of Her Majesty Queen Victoria and reserve yourself. You would not want to revert to the ways of little to no progress, would you?

>Minerva: Observe.
You sit down in front of your computer patiently viewing the going-ons of Gabriel. You look around for an elegant set of stationary with the Harrison Family Crest on the top and begin taking notes of what Gabriel is doing. As you take notes you begin to get a tad... oh what's the phrase you're looking for... crestfallen. Yes, you feel like you can't really do much.

>Minerva: Contemplate
Hmmm, normally you would like to help your friends but you feel out of your forte. You've never really played strategy games and you aren't clear of what assistance you could provide. And even just talking to Gabriel now might endanger his life. You wouldn't hope to do that ever. So you, Minerva Harrison, as you usually do must sit back, and do nothing important and wait like a proper lady.

>Minerva: Sigh
Sigh indeed. Perhaps always adhering to the principals of being a lady aren't so useful.

>Liven up the mood
You decide to pick up your head and stroll over to your GRAPHOPHONE in the corner of your room and pick up the nearest cylinder.

=====>
Ah yes, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]! This should liven things up!

>Minerva: Reminisce on the HMS Pinafore
Ah yes, the days of Her Majesty's Royal Fleet. Those were the swimming good days of glorious British imperialism. Even though you're American you can't help but admire the times when the original red, white, and blue flew over the world.

>Minerva: Be the captain
You stand upon the chair in front of your boudoir and take the stance of a true admiral of the royal fleet as you look out your window facing opposite the town and towards the grey Maine ocean. You grab your nearest skeleton piece (which happens to be a full human spine) and prop it as a true admiral's saber. You are are the monarch of the sea, the ruler of the Queen's navy.

==>
In hindsight, this might be stupid. But oh so brilliant.
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 pm

=====>
Suddenly the lively jig ends and is instead replaced with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. You don't remember that being on the cylinder...

=====>
Something on your screen catches you off guard an intense beige light and the appearance of a... grandfather clock? How fitting?

>Minerva: Keep an eye on things
You toss the spine and rush over to your computer. It is cooking up a mighty storm what with the steam blowing out in tufts as well as Gabriel pushing the clock when he stops and looks up.

>Minerva: Look up
You follow Gabriel's line of sight and HOLY CROWN OF THE ENGLISH EMPIRE!!! WHAT THE BLOODY BLAST IS THAT?! IT'S A BALL OF FIRE AND HEAT AND DEATH AND HOLY SHIT GABRIEL RUN!

>Minerva: Frantically pester Gabriel
You do that...
Show Pesterlog:
-- unhingedSurgeon [US] began pestering propitousCourier [PC] at 18:03 --
[06:03] US: GABRIEL!
[06:04] US: Gabriel! There is zero time for formalities so I won't even say hello!
[06:04] US: No, I'm wasting time already!
[06:04] US: The the the the the thing!
[06:04] US: METERO!
[06:04] US: GAAAAH!
[06:04] US: *METEOR!
[06:04] US: THAT THAT THING WITH THE FIRE AND DEATH
[06:05] US: WHAT WILL YOU DO WHAT WILL YOU DO!
[06:05] US: GABRIEL?
[06:05] US: GABRIEL PLEASE ANSWER!
[06:05] US: I LEFT MY CAPS LOck on too
[06:05] US: well, it's off now
[06:05] US: but gaaaaaah
[06:05] US: JUST
[06:05] US: DO
[06:05] US: SOMETHING
[06:05] US: DON'T DIE!!
....but he doesn't answer.

avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 pm

>Minerva: Do something you should probably do more often.
He can't hear you. He's to busy trying to live and checking a box of sorts. He's mad and doesn't know what to do. You don't know what to do.

>Minerva: Yes you do.
You do the only thing you can do. You get off that chair, close your eyes and get on your knees.

>Minerva: Twenty seconds
Dear Providence,

>Minerva: Fifteen seconds
I know I don't talk to you as much as I should

>Minerva: Ten seconds
But please please do me this favour

>Minerva: Five seconds
Please

>Minerva: Four seconds
Don't

>Minerva: Three seconds
Let

>Minerva: Two seconds
Him

>Minerva: One second
Die.

=====>
Darkness and silence. That's all you see. You open your eyes and look at the screen. Dark. Pitch bloody black.

>Minerva: Contemplate
It's in his hands now.
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by unhingedSurgeon on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

((Thus ends US =====> PC))

((Proceed back to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] respectively))
avatar
unhingedSurgeon

Posts : 73
Join date : 2012-07-28

Character sheet
Name: Minerva Harrison
Location: The land of the fabled Stephen King
Age: 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: US =====> PC

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


Poststuck :: Homestuck :: RPG :: =====>

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum